What are the benefits of young people volunteering?
1. Learning responsibility. By helping care for the horses we are instilling a strong sense of responsibility in our young people.
2. Some young people lack confidence & self-esteem, at Katie's Cradle we assist young people in developing their sense of self worth.
3. Communication skills are an important part of life, young people learn how to effectively communicate through their work with the horses under the direction of the staff.
4. Through learning observational and listening skills they learn to develop their empathy levels and understanding of other living beings.
5. Young people who may have difficulty in social settings or are being bullied find a friend in the horses and can build valuable relationships and teambuilding.
Katie's Cradle staff are fully PVG'd and First Aid trained.
Our policies are reviewed at least annually and are given out in our Volunteer Packs.